Yu JINLee Jin LIMYong Zher KOHJun Yan LOH
There are two major focus in the Liver Cancer Functional Genomics Laboratory. The first is to understand the role of chronic inflammation in tumorigenesis for the development of intervention strategies. Our laboratory has identified FAT10 as a molecule that plays an important role in Hepatocellular Carcinoma and other cancers associated with chronic inflammation. We seek to further elucidate its role in modulating inflammation and metabolism during tumorigenesis and metastasis to facilitate the development of strategies targeting this molecule. The second major focus of the laboratory is to elucidate the role of various non-coding RNAs (including circular RNA, microRNAs and long noncoding RNAs) in hepatocellular carcinoma. Our laboratory has employed an integrative big data approach to identify clinically relevant networks of non-coding RNAs in the cancer pathway. We will characterise these networks of non-coding RNAs for their tumorigenic potential to identify novel molecular biomarkers that can be used to help detect liver cancer at an early stage more accurately, predict patient responses to specific treatments, and identify targets for therapy.
1. Yu Jin; Wai Yeow Lee; Soo Ting Toh; Chandana Tennakoon; Han Chong Toh; Pierce Kah-Hoe Chow; Alexander Y-F Chung; Samuel S. Chong; London L.-P- J Ooi; Wing-Kin Sung; Caroline G. Lee*. Comprehensive Analysis of Transcriptome Profiles in Hepatocellular Carcinoma. Journal of Translational Medicine Aug 20;17(1):273. doi: 10.1186/s12967-019-2025-x (2019).
2. Lee Jin Lim, Samuel Y.S. Wong, Feiyang Huang, Sheng Lim, Samuel Chong, London Lucien Ooi, Oi Lian Kon and Caroline G. Lee*. Roles and Regulation of Long non-coding RNAs in Hepatocellular Carcinoma. Cancer Research DOI: 10.1158/0008-5472.CAN-19-0255 (2019)
3. Huang Weitai, SKANDERUP and Caroline G. Lee*. Advances in Genomic Hepatocellular Carcinoma Research. GigaScience 7:1-22 (2018). doi: 10.1093/gigascience/giy135 (https://academic.oup.com//gigascience/article/doi/10.1093/gigascience/giy135/5232228?guestAccessKey=ed6376f6-a489-47e4-a4bb-14bea315ae2e)
4. Lee Wai Yeow, Maulana Bachtiar, Chan Siew Choo, Cheryl and Caroline G Lee*. Comprehensive Review of Hepatitis B Virus-associated Hepatocellular Carcinoma Research through Text Mining and Big Data Analytics. Biol Rev Camb Philos Soc. 2019 Apr;94(2):353-367. doi: 10.1111/brv.12457. Epub 2018
5. Steven Setiawan Theng, Wei Wang, Way Champ Mah, Cheryl Chan, Jingli Zhuo, Yun Gao, Haina Qin, Liangzhong Lim, Samuel S. Chong, Jianxing Song and Caroline G.L. Lee*. Disruption of FAT10-MAD2 binding inhibits Tumor Progression Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 111(49):E5282-5291 (2014)
Subscribe to our mailing list to get the updates to your email inbox...
11 Hospital Crescent, Singapore 169610 +65 6436 8000